Thursday 20 April 2023

Bizarre confirming that Porsche, Honda & Quest Mode cheats are fake (Original ezboard topic 'Fact or Fiction': created on 1 February 2001. Original ezboard topic 'Please': created on 26 November 2001)

Staff postings are in bold

Original Archive.org link


Is the awesome roadster Honda S2000 really in the game?

I’ve just finished Street Racing mode—unlocked all cars and cheats—and I don’t see it... :(

---

It's not there :D

Would have liked it though... Damn nice car...

---

I'm sure it is...

---

That’s strange... The largest cheat site in North America is reporting that Honda S2000 and Porsche 911 are hidden in the game.

Quote:

Honda S2000: Successfully complete the game once in quest mode.

Porsche 911: Successfully complete the game twice in quest mode.

Source: GameWinners.com

---

Uuhh.... What's that?

Some exclusive for the US version perhaps?

---

“Huh... What’s [quest mode]? Some exclusive for the US version perhaps?” 

You’ve got me. Quest mode sounds like something from an RPG. ;)

But this is intriguing. Although I’ve unlocked the cars and cheats in Street Race mode, six tracks in each city are still locked! Maybe there’s a hidden chapter or mode...

---

or it could be another dreaded bug ;-)

---

Hehe, I also had some tracks left after completing the game. But I used the "Open all" cheat to unlock them, and did time trials so I got times on them. Then they stay unlocked when you're not using the cheat.

I basically did this only to get a total time ^_^

---

Honda S2000 (i love this car) in MSR ??

YES!, here is a screenshot:

---

Here's another one:

---

I'm afraid that in the final version of the game, it became fiction.

As you know, some car manufacturers imposed restrictions on the game - such as no pedestrians, no proper traffic, no one-way/no entry signs, the car not allowed to leave the ground, etc.

Sega were in discussion with Honda to include their cars in the game, but the additional restrictions they asked for would have compromised the game too much. Therefore it was with sadness that we had to remove all Honda cars from the game.

Sorry :(

Stubbette

---

Mmm... and the other one, the Porsche 911?

By the way, what's 'quest mode'?

---

That's fiction too, I'm afraid. I don't know who made up this 'quest mode' cheat, as it's been circulating for a while. But it is wrong - it says on some sites that you can 'buy' the car when you restart - which as you know, isn't the case in MSR.

Sorry again, folks!

Stubbette

---

Stubbette;

I find it very weird that such many restrictions were put on you in order to gain the car licenses... I mean, another certain series of car racing games on the PSX (oh damn am I discrete :D ) is crawling with Hondas, and that has them flying over crests like ever so many Wipeout ships.

Isn't that kind of contradictory?

Are the PR people at Honda recieving fat Sony kickback checks?

Doesn't anyone like to be mentioned together with "Sega"?

Is the earth really banana-shaped?

So many questions. Can they ever be answered?

---

*shock horror* Sony giving out bribes?! What's the world coming to?!!?! Hehe. I would of loved to have seen cars like the Robin Reliant or the Mitsubishi Midget. A comedy car league would of been brilliant on MSR. Missed opportunity. Actually, the New Beetle would of been great on MSR too...

One of these days all car manufactuers won't give a toss about damage to their cars and we can have MSR2 complete with damage zones! Debris on the road from crashes! Car bonnets being flung and damaging shop windows!!!

That reminds me of a cool game idea I once had - "F1 Apocolypse" - basically, F1 but set in the future where all those bloody courses are all knackered and decayed and damaged. All the drivers could drive around in F1 cars with Mad Max customisations... imagine Michael Schumacer with a tommy gun in his converted F1. Aw, I'm in the wrong job here... :P

---

Just as a matter of interest, you mentioned elsewhere that you are working on a game. Are you an amateur developer working on a MOD or a fully fledged, full time, this-is-my- job developer? :-)

Stubbette

---

AFAIK, he's a real life game developer! Probably either in Liverpool or North Wales, if I'm guessing correctly ;-)

---

Of course!! You notice my baggy eyes from late nights and my boiling enthusiasm... and I'm from the North Wales division of the "illustrious" Jester Interactive! I'm working with a team named "Horny Dog" on a game for Dreamcast called Hellgate at the moment, and it's my first title and I'm loving it!

I'm an artist, and although it's a cool job, there's one word of warning - you will have very little time to play games, hence my MSR weekend last week, which was ace! Our website will be online on Feb 28th - www.hornydog.co.uk/ = there's a new Jester site too, but it's been touched by the nastines which is corporate pants, so I'm hoping our developer website will be anything but!

Oh, and I heard some of the guys at Bizarre were invited to the Music party a while back - you do realise Music 3 is on the horizon? Go on, hound [redacted] "I did the music to Wipeout, guv" Wright..! It's the least you can do, seeming he enjoys scaring the heck out of me in his fast yellow sports car. :)

All the best,

---

Glad to see you're hard at it late at night - no rest for the wicked! It's amazing how big Jester's grown - we're still a little diddy 'amateur' developer ;-)

The Music party co-incided with Jez and the lads from Argonaut popping up to our offices. Tim sorted us out with a load of tickets and we turned up already steaming, after a grappa drinking contest at Est!Est!Est!

My long-standing memory of that party was sitting on the loo holding onto both sides of the cubicle to stop it spinning....

So how is [redacted]? Send him our love and wet sloppy kisses...

---

Mmmmmm, anyway, somebody's got more comments on the gameplay?!

----

Sorry, msrfreak - eeer. Oh, I found out that if you go r-e-a-l-l-y fast and then brake, then handbrake, turn right then immediately turn left, you'll do a 360! And that's truth, no lie :P

Back to developer chat... [redacted]'s okay, he's just weary of all the Music incarnations at the moment. He's managed to scare the crap out of me on several occasions with his stupidly fast sports car, even to the point where we argued with a 10 ton bin lorry... :P

Jester's scarily grown - there's too many people in the Liverpool office to recognise, let alone remember! Mold here is a nice friendly place where we all realise our common goal is overwork and underlove... I'm hoping our game will be out on Dreamcast, but I've just seen the new DC set top box and I'm scared..! Nooo! Keep it awaaay!!

I think [redacted]  misses the smallish-ness which used to be Jester... we're slowly turning into Sony. Not good at all. Back to moving dots and lines on a monitor for me... :P

Keep up the ace work,

---

Please...

Okay, I know I probably suck at this, and what I am about to ask it very sad but, does anyone have or know of cheats? Please ANYTHING will do, maybe a cheat car? Or the tracks... come on, some one MUST know something - MUST! I know I'm sad and spare me the lecture on fair gameplay and all that $hit, but PLEASE!!! I NEED CHEATS FOR CARS AND TRACKS AND $HIT!!! - I know I am sad :(

Anything will help - ANYTHING!!! BOO HOO :\

:evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil

---

Well, i'm sorry to tell you, but you are on your own!...

The only cheats in MSR are ones that you must earn. And the truth is, you become a better driver to be able to finish the game...........in turn...your get the cheats. But, the cheats are not what you may think. They are some new cars......not exotic ones......3 taxies, 3 buses and a lawnmower. there are someother cheats, like a new camera options, time of day option, bubble cheat....weird!.....

So start learing how to drive better and enjoy some of the great cars that await you.

Also another posting confirming the same thing

Original Archive.org link

To get all the tracks, Hold down .START. Durring the Intro...

to get two bonues cars .. Press , durring the intro . A ,B ,A ,UP ,DOWN ,Y ,LEFT ,X

---

That cheat is utter moot.

Ive heard it before but the START at intro and all that, WTF.

I'm just trying to work my way through the game. I assume everyone knows the good ol' get millions of Kudos on FASTEST TIME Hotlap races?

----

Hey, that's sounds like a great cheat... I'd like to say it works but... we never actually put anything like that it into MSR... unfortunately you have to earn all the extras you get... sorry... :rolleyes

Yeah... we've found out about the millions of Kudos stuff fairly soon after MSR was out... some things slip through test, especially when your up against tight release deadlines at the end of a project... bet ya can't do it on Gotham though... :smokin

Trent

PGR2




No comments:

Post a Comment